ARE SAYING ABOUT HER...
- "Professional, competent, creative, compassionate. Willing to think outside the box. Researches when necessary."
- "Colleen treats the individual not the statistic, she's always very thorough and reviews, updates and evaluates everything. The visits take time and you're never rushed."
- "I left with confidence that my concerns were heard and attended to in a thorough manner and I was given some choices in my treatment that suit my lifestyle. I would highly recommend Colleen to anyone seeking comprehensive, holistic care."
- "Coleen has always been thorough, patient and informative. I always feel that I will be helped when I see her. I would gladly recommend her to anyone seeking her services."
- "Colleen is a great listener while zeroing in on my health needs. She has recommended specialists to me for specific personal medical health issues when needed and I've always been pleased."
- "Colleen Tetzlaff gives very personal quality treatment using alternative methods as well as traditional treatment very affectively. Her caring and kind attitude makes me know that she will do her very best just for me as well as her other patients. "
- "Her attention was complete. Her questions were all encompassing from my history to my grandparents. She did not zone in on just one problem but tried to get the complete picture. She explained in a way that was understandable. I will be back."
- "Coleen is superb in every way."
- "I had a great first appointment. I felt like all my concerns were addressed and that I was given plenty of time to discuss my concerns and my treatment options and a plan going forward. I feel like I am in very good hands!
- "Colleen has a very comfortable office, takes time to listen to any concerns, and treats her patients as whole people. Natural and holistic treatment approaches are integrated into a well-rounded, modern practice. I would definitely recommend Colleen!"
- "Excellent provider! Very personalized care."
- "Colleen has been a life saver for me and my family. Her knowledge of achieving and maintaining health and balance using a Healthy approach is unbeatable."
- "Colleen really took the time to listen and carefully consider my concerns, and then to clearly explain my various options. She also has followed up with me by email--I feel she will be interested in tracking my progress."
- "I felt so very happy to connect with Colleen. I feel I have come to the right person to help me with my future health care needs and left the office feeling great. Thank you for providing such wonderful care. I know I am in the right hands!"
- "Colleen is brilliant and makes me feel comfortable and cared for. She listens to my concerns and ideas in a way that makes me truly feel that she has my best interests at heart. I drive almost 3 hours to see her when I am at work. Time well spent!"
- "Colleen Tetzlaff has helped me with my health, my visit with her is just like sitting in your living room. Thank you Colleen!"
- "When my cancer doctors washed their hands of me because I didn't do the recommended chemo etc, I started to second guess my decision to go the natural route. I felt very alone and scared. My primary care doctor recommended Colleen and I'm so glad she did."
- "Colleen addressed my concerns. I came away with a "go forward plan" to get back on track to continued good health with peace of mind knowing what to do. Alex was awesome in addressing my anxiety when I initially called and set up my appointment promptly."
- "For many, many years my various aches and afflictions have been treated by a succession of physicians. Colleen Tetzlaff treated ME which includes my various health anomalies. Hurrah!"
- "Professional, thoughtful, caring, patient and thorough. The office environment felt very calm and healing. Being seen by Colleen is well worth the 70 mile trip for me."
- "The concerns I approached Colleen with I had had for so long, and been told by previous clinicians that they were because I was "getting older". Colleen made me feel at ease and I left feeling my concerns were heard, and answers will be found."
- "I have already recommended a number of friends and family to Colleen!"
- "Working with Colleen is refreshing and l love the ability to contact her when needed."
- "Colleen is very personable and communicates thoroughly to give information and answer questions. I definitely felt like I was her priority during my visit and that we are partners for my health. "
- "Colleen has helped me address an autoimmune disease through diet and supplements. She is very knowledgable and makes suggestions, rather than telling you what to do, which is very empowering by making you take ownership of your health."
- "Knowledgeable and personable."
- "Colleen is always thorough, careful and attentive. I know I am in good hands and lucky to have her on my team!"
- "Thoughtful, thorough, able to assimilate lots of data and pull together important items, asks lots of questions, includes my perspective, I would recommend this provider. Also the receptionist is professional, friendly, one step ahead, excellent support."
- "I have found Colleen compasionate, caring, and generous with her time. She has gone the extra distance to explore treatmentment for my condition. She has colaborated on a national basis with other practitioners, and has listened intensely to my own ideas."
- "Colleen is very knowledgable and open to discussing and further investigating alternative medicine practices as well as remaining open to traditional medicine."
- "I am very happy that I found Colleen Tetzlaff, only wish I had found her sooner. She really spends a lot of time with you and listens to your concerns, unlike conventional PCPs."
- "I have been working with Colleen for over 4 years. Her knowledge and integrity are coupled with care and compassion. Feel very lucky to have found her. Would reccommend her to anyone."
- "Colleen Tetzlaff is extremely knowledgeable, I felt my concerns were listened to and I actually feel as though I may finally get some answers! Her bedside manner is excellent. The staff is great and I felt comfortable even though I have many anxiety issues."
- "So lucky to be under the care of Colleen. Have been diagnosed with colon cancer close to 4 years ago Coleen has provided me with much knowledge and the tools to control this cancer through the use of diet and supplements. I would highly recommend her!"
- "I thank Colleen Tetzlaff for her excellent care. She did testing that was essential to helping me prevent further illness. No other provider had ordered some of the tests she ordered. I highly recommend her for anyone wanting to improve their health."
- "Worked with her since 2010 & she is very experienced with traditional and integrative medicine. Her guidance and care has been very important to my health. She is a caring a skilled practitioner. "
- "I am very pleased with the services I am receiving from Colleen. She is my PCP and I'm happy that I found someone who believes mostly the same way I do; i.e, if you can take care of a health issue naturally, there is no need for bad drugs/procedures."
- "I found Colleen to be friendly, straight forward and compassionate. Very knowledgeable and able to relate the information in a clear concise way for me to understand. She spent time with me, was not rushed. I would recommend her without reservation."
- "Excellent advice and follow up!"
- "I highly recommend Colleen Tetzlaff. She is caring and thoughtful and gives you time to ask questions. I never feel rushed at my appointments."
Colleen S. Tetzlaff has been bringing together both the art and the science of conventional, Western medicine and holistic treatment since the early 1990's. Her passion for holistic, healing health care began early in her career and grew out of the recognition that patients are best cared for when the practitioner recognizes the multiple influences on disease and wellness, including the physical, spiritual, and psychological influences. Her comprehensive individualized treatment plans are safe and effective, bringing together the best ideas and strategies which draw upon conventional and integrative science and wisdom.
She earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Maine in 1990, and her Master of Science in Nursing in 1997 and Doctor of Nursing Practice in 2012, both from Simmons College in Boston, MA. From 1997- 2005, she worked in Vermont as a primary care provider, thus obtaining a firm grasp of wellness oriented care, as well as chronic disease management. Moving back to her native state in 2005, she worked for Maine Medical Center in the division of Gynecologic Oncology from 2006 to 2011. For several years now, she has dedicated her work with cancer patients to expertly guiding them in the integration of complementary therapies into their conventional treatment plan. In 2011 she moved her integrative practice to Integrative Health Center of Maine in order to practice amongst and in collaboration with other integrative practitioners, recognizing that the best outcomes for patients come from a team-oriented approach to care. In 2012, she added primary care to her services provided in order to more comprehensively help patients approach their healthcare utilizing the best ideas from natural and conventional medicine. She maintains certification in both oncology and family practice as a nurse practitioner. She has trained with Donald Yance, CN, RH (AHG), SFO in Ashland Oregon, one of the brightest minds in the field of integrative oncology and chronic disease management and founder of the Mederi Foundation. She is a member of the Institute for Functional Medicine, the Maine Nurse Practitioner Association, and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. She is also an Amen Clinic Affiliate.
Mary Moskowitz, MS, CHC studied at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) in NYC in 2008, accredited through Columbia University. IIN is the only nutrition school integrating all the different dietary theories — combining the knowledge of traditional philosophies with modern concepts like the USDA food pyramid, the glycemic index, the Zone and raw foods. She studied with all of the top researchers in the field of alternative medicine and nutrition, including Dr. Andrew Weil, Dr. Walter Willet, Dr. Emmet Oz, Deepak Chopra & Geneen Roth.
Mary believes that the answers to optimum health do not lie in your medicine cabinet. The food we eat and your lifestyle cause most of your health problems. The right food and lifestyle choices can also heal your health problems. As a breast cancer “sur-thrivor”, Mary is passionate about teaching others how to take back control of their own health and “let food be thy medicine”!